The aims of this document are to:
We want this to be clear, concise and helpful. We don’t want to repeat what you may already have received.
Further guidance, additional reading, weblinks, supporting documents and exemplar resources are all available on the Remote Learning Google Classroom (class code: t4tu5ji).
Barak Rosenshine’s ‘Principles of Instruction’ provides a useful reminder about what makes effective teaching and learning. ‘Walkthrus’ also provides further guidance on specific strategies to support teaching and learning.
1. What’s the best method of communicating what I want pupils to learn?
2. What’s the most effective way to monitor and assess what students have learned?
3. Now that I’m clear how I’m teaching the lesson and how I’m going to assess learning, what pedagogical approaches do I need to use to teach this lesson? (See DfE ‘What’s working well in remote education’ for further advice)
Where possible, please use high quality content that already exists, rather than feeling that you have to create everything yourself. This will support workload and energy levels.
4. When I’ve got feedback from pupils, how will I use this to assess their learning and inform my next lesson?
5. How do I ensure students are clear about my expectations and ways of working remotely?
6. What considerations do I need to take into account in order to ensure my lesson meets the needs of the vulnerable learners (PP/SEND/EAL/AG&T etc) in my class?
Not found the vacancy you’re looking for today? Head to MyNewTerm to register for our Talent Pool.
👇👇👇 Recruitment Evening at George Pindar School (Scarborough) Find out about the exciting range of careers available and meet some of our current staff 🤝 twitter.com/georgepindarsc…
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER... 🎵🏀 Good luck to everyone performing in this summer's show! This will be fantastic twitter.com/grahamschool/s…
*Vacancies* 📍Archbishop Sentamu Academy (Hull) - Teacher of Science - Behavioural Support Officer - Advanced TA - Cover Supervisor To apply and find out about more vacancies across our trust, click here; hslt.academy/vacancies/ pic.twitter.com/VOl1ovJmqa
*Vacancies* 📍Manor CE Academy (York) - Education and Welfare Support Officer - Teacher of Science - Senior Advanced Teaching Assistant - Cover Supervisor To apply and find out about more vacancies across our trust, click here; hslt.academy/vacancies/ pic.twitter.com/mUL2mBVmDm