The aims of this document are to:
We want this to be clear, concise and helpful. We don’t want to repeat what you may already have received.
Further guidance, additional reading, weblinks, supporting documents and exemplar resources are all available on the Remote Learning Google Classroom (class code: t4tu5ji).
Barak Rosenshine’s ‘Principles of Instruction’ provides a useful reminder about what makes effective teaching and learning. ‘Walkthrus’ also provides further guidance on specific strategies to support teaching and learning.
1. What’s the best method of communicating what I want pupils to learn?
2. What’s the most effective way to monitor and assess what students have learned?
3. Now that I’m clear how I’m teaching the lesson and how I’m going to assess learning, what pedagogical approaches do I need to use to teach this lesson? (See DfE ‘What’s working well in remote education’ for further advice)
Where possible, please use high quality content that already exists, rather than feeling that you have to create everything yourself. This will support workload and energy levels.
4. When I’ve got feedback from pupils, how will I use this to assess their learning and inform my next lesson?
5. How do I ensure students are clear about my expectations and ways of working remotely?
6. What considerations do I need to take into account in order to ensure my lesson meets the needs of the vulnerable learners (PP/SEND/EAL/AG&T etc) in my class?
Come say “Hi” to Chloe, Jo and Laura at the UK Careers Fair today, at the Novotel, York. Find out about careers in teaching and education with Hope Sentamu Learning Trust 👩🎓 hslt.academy/vacancies/ #HSLT #Careers #TeachingJobs #York #Hull #Scarborough pic.twitter.com/Oe4XmysOi9
What a wonderful day we've had, our first as Hope Sentamu Learning Trust! "This merger means we can continue to develop, collaboratively, as one Trust. We are committed to ensuring that pupils and colleagues are given opportunities so that they can live life to the full." pic.twitter.com/jWOacCMF5w
We are so lucky to have 15 wonderful schools in the Hope Sentamu family and can't wait to see what the future holds. Looking forward to living out our vision together 'Life in all its fullness – a place to thrive' buff.ly/3DvM4FT #excitingfuture #newbeginnings pic.twitter.com/iVk2zgnTSs
Absolutely thrilled that as of today we are @HopeSentamuLT! This follows an exciting merger between Hope Learning Trust and Sentamu Academy Learning Trust. We can't wait to see what the future holds! bit.ly/2Yf06vA #excitingfuture #newbeginnings pic.twitter.com/ls4thKnCj0